COD 2 Server

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: COD 2 Server

Post  |HrC| on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:22 pm

xratEd wrote:About the "no sprint" thingie its both good and bad. Its bad because you dont have the same mobility as you used to have in UO but its a nice because it stops all the headless spraying around. COD2 is about aiming, not about spraying like a maniac Smile
Sprint gives you mobility,but with many players playing,like 10 vs 10 on harbor,because of that sprint,game is to aggressive,in my opinion.
In other hand,not fan of cod2 recoil,i like more cod uo recoil,i think it force you to shot bullet by bullet,especially on medium ranges...
But anyway...i wish all good to the new cod2 server!!Smile
|HrC|

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:26 pm

I totally agree with you Glande.
I hate the cod2 game to me too boring the uo's version is much better. Thumbs down
Peter
|DH|Clan Members~
|DH|Clan Members~

View user profile http://classic.xfire.com/profile/veszkokevin veszkokevin

Back to top Go down

Post  ~Invisible on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:19 pm

Version 1.3 yes idd its the latest
~Invisible
|DH|Co~clan Leaders~
|DH|Co~clan Leaders~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jsons on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:49 pm

You have to think more in cod2 and You cant just run around on the maps and think you will get kills everywhere.. Its easier to die and therefore the gameplay is more passive!

The pubservers arent that many becouse everyone is playing wars in cod2, Not pub Smile And about the nades - You cant cook them in wars with the correct pam (cb pam) So you have to throw them up in the air (Just like in vcod aka cod1) to make them blow when they land!

The weapons is the best thing about cod2 imo, cuz the difference isnt that big anymore.. Axis, Brits and Ameri weps are kinda the same - Which means you don't get any advantage whatever map it is!
The Russian weapons are the ones who are really overpowered, But on every map where Russians were supposed to be has been replaces with Brit (On cb-pam = Warservers)
And since just the Shotgun guy has a smokenade, it makes just that guy so important.. You have to use the smoke wisely so you can success your gameplay!

Would be fun to see how we play in cod2.. I've been playing it for quite a while and I'd love to see DH work on the cod2 scene..

AND About the cod2 scene: Someone said that their community is dieing like UO and that you rather stay with UO.. Well fact is that cod2 is the biggest cod game out there.. Most players play it and cb (www.clanbase.com) has active ladders with sd, tdm and ctf.. and in 2v2, 3v3, 5on5 ladders! And keep in mind that the 5on5 ladder is allowed to be played with people from 4-10, - Which means you can play a 10v10 war in the 5v5 ladder (advantage for dh who have played alot together - Just need map knowledge!)

"but are there more Clans and Servers left then on uo? since ist also about 10 years old. - Weeds"
-There are currently 5.470 Active clans in the 5on5 ladder on cb. Some of those clans has the same players as another one, But with maybe 4-5 more or less players (Mix-clans who play cb) But still 5470 Clans who are active.. Then we have Looooaaaads of clans who just play pcws Smile

And guys, Dont get me wrong here - If you don't like the game its fine Smile Im just trying to explain cod2 for those who are new and yet hasn't tried it!

My Personal impression is that cod2 is a dynamite game and if you want another fun game to play as cod:UO more or less are dead now - Cod2 is the game for you Smile

Jsons
|DH|Clan Members~
|DH|Clan Members~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xratEd on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:06 am

Jsons wrote:You have to think more in cod2 and You cant just run around on the maps and think you will get kills everywhere.. Its easier to die and therefore the gameplay is more passive!

The pubservers arent that many becouse everyone is playing wars in cod2, Not pub Smile And about the nades - You cant cook them in wars with the correct pam (cb pam) So you have to throw them up in the air (Just like in vcod aka cod1) to make them blow when they land!

The weapons is the best thing about cod2 imo, cuz the difference isnt that big anymore.. Axis, Brits and Ameri weps are kinda the same - Which means you don't get any advantage whatever map it is!
The Russian weapons are the ones who are really overpowered, But on every map where Russians were supposed to be has been replaces with Brit (On cb-pam = Warservers)
And since just the Shotgun guy has a smokenade, it makes just that guy so important.. You have to use the smoke wisely so you can success your gameplay!

Would be fun to see how we play in cod2.. I've been playing it for quite a while and I'd love to see DH work on the cod2 scene..

AND About the cod2 scene: Someone said that their community is dieing like UO and that you rather stay with UO.. Well fact is that cod2 is the biggest cod game out there.. Most players play it and cb (www.clanbase.com) has active ladders with sd, tdm and ctf.. and in 2v2, 3v3, 5on5 ladders! And keep in mind that the 5on5 ladder is allowed to be played with people from 4-10, - Which means you can play a 10v10 war in the 5v5 ladder (advantage for dh who have played alot together - Just need map knowledge!)

"but are there more Clans and Servers left then on uo? since ist also about 10 years old. - Weeds"
-There are currently 5.470 Active clans in the 5on5 ladder on cb. Some of those clans has the same players as another one, But with maybe 4-5 more or less players (Mix-clans who play cb) But still 5470 Clans who are active.. Then we have Looooaaaads of clans who just play pcws Smile

And guys, Dont get me wrong here - If you don't like the game its fine Smile Im just trying to explain cod2 for those who are new and yet hasn't tried it!

My Personal impression is that cod2 is a dynamite game and if you want another fun game to play as cod:UO more or less are dead now - Cod2 is the game for you Smile
bounce +1 bounce
xratEd
|DH|Clan Members~
|DH|Clan Members~

View user profile vietcongdk

Back to top Go down

Post  campuscodi on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:17 am

Agree with jsons.
Newcomers will hate it.

But you get used to the lame low recoil after a while. In 2-3 days you even get used to the randomness of Pub play.

Rifles are still as awesome as in UO.

The clan won't have any problems transitioning to the game. We just need to get used to the new map configurations.

----
http://www.grid-iron.org/register/refid/1644
campuscodi
Donors & Honorary Members

View user profile http://catalincimpanu.ro campuscodi

Back to top Go down

Post  Christina_Cox on Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:24 am

Are there any good pure 100% rifle-only servers in Cod2?

Cause in the ones I played you still had the option of choosing a machine gun. And there were always half of the people playing with MP44s there.

Christina_Cox
|DH|Co~clan Leaders~
|DH|Co~clan Leaders~

View user profile christinacox

Back to top Go down

Post  campuscodi on Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:05 pm

I found a CoD2 server that runs AWE and is almost a clone of our DH main server.

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/72.5.195.82:28960/

You can run with F (use key)
Have 2 weapon choice
No smoke
Limited grenades
Lots of players all day

Seamless transition from UO to CoD2

----
campuscodi

Back to top Go down

Post  campuscodi on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:49 am

Our CoD2 server has been reconfigured to mimic our UO server.

So you have all the same settings in our CoD2 server as in our UO server now. (except smoke nades)

You can even run with your USE key (default F).

The server is CTF only and the first rotation includes most of the same maps as in UO (harbor, carentan, railyard, dawnville, etc.), so you can get acquainted to them. Give it a try.

----
campuscodi

Back to top Go down

Post  FreAK on Mon May 20, 2013 7:14 am

Guys COD2 was my main game Wink 3000hours XFIRE =] ( NO LIFER HAHA )

yes i would love to play the game with you.. its installed =P
FreAK

View user profile freakcrossfire

Back to top Go down

Post  KitanaxxPierce on Mon May 20, 2013 6:45 pm

Great job Coxeh thank you !
KitanaxxPierce
|DH|Clan Administrators~
|DH|Clan Administrators~

View user profile bluelotus714

Back to top Go down

Post  dietchi on Mon May 20, 2013 6:55 pm

Tbh , why does monster still pay for the cod2 & cod4 server ? its empty for months , and tbh it doesnt seems like its gonna be populated soon
dietchi
|DH|Server Administrator~

View user profile dietchi

Back to top Go down

Post  campuscodi on Tue May 21, 2013 6:10 am

Me and Jsons are the only ones playing this regularly... Jsons doesn't like AWE on CoD2, I can't play alone....soo...

----
campuscodi

Back to top Go down

Post  Monster* on Tue May 21, 2013 8:00 am

There is nothing to worry about cod2 and cod4 bills they're not so expensive like our main server . We should happy that we have other server than uo....

|DH|Leader*

View user profile http://devilheroes.forumstopic.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dietchi on Tue May 21, 2013 2:00 pm

Well its gud that it aint expensive Smile cuz else it would just be a waste
dietchi

View user profile dietchi

Back to top Go down