Importance of eating!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Importance of eating!

Post  Froob on Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:03 pm

So i thought id make a topic for any of u guys thinking of getting into shape and trying to get Hench (like contre) with basic information that people need.

Firstly. Most people probably dont realise the importance of eating when they are working out. They think because the go to the gym and swing a few weights around their gonna get bigger in 2 weeks. The reality of it is that without a good diet (and enough rest) you wont make any real gains like you want to.. Unless ur some kinda freak with mutant genetics!
In my personal opinion, i would say that around 70% of getting bigger comes from dieting and what a person eats. Then id would say resting and working out is split between the last 30% (15%/15%).

So for the gym newbs out their who don't know, when you go to the gym and lifting weight, you are not making your muscles bigger whilst doin it, but actually the opposite. When lifting weights and working out you tear down muscle fibers. And in order to repair them requires rest (duuuh) and protein, so on this basis protein is essentially the most important foods to eat. You should roughly be taking in around 1g of protein per lb of body weight, so for instance if your body weight is 160lbs, you should take around 160g of protein per day. Protein basically comes from sources from animals, such as meat, fish, eggs etc. But their are also vegetarian options ofc.. but that sucks coz meat rocks! As well as taking in protein you body also needs carbs, which is a good energy source to help keep you going, your body also needs energy to process the protein. Good sources of carbs are things like rice, pasta, oats, vegetables etc. But try and stick to things like brown rice/pasta/bread as it is healthier. The other type of food is fats. Now as you can probably guess this is the 1 to keep low, but their are good types of fats for you body (essential fatty acids) which comes from things like fish oils, virgin oil etc. I roughly take around 45% protein 40% carbs 15% fats per day, but if you are trying to stay very lean and cut down more and get "ripped" then cutting down carbs and keeping your calories lower will do this. They say it takes up to 3 weeks to see results of fat loss from cardio exercise but you can get results from your diet in just a few days.

I would deffinately suggest to those of you looking to get bigger that you get some protein shakes. They are a quick, easy, and good source of protein and so long as you dont get ripped off, they are a cheap way of keeping your protein intake high. Their are many different variations of protein shakes out their, but the best 2 look start with are

-Whey protein: A low carb, high protein shake digested quickly into the body, best for staying leaner.
-Weight gainers: A high carb, high protein shake digested slowly into the body, best for bulking.

Now as much as i praise protein shakes. Eating a proper meal of real foods is better than taking shakes in my opinion. So dont just drink 4/5 protein shakes a day!

Although a good diet is the importance of getting the body you want, this doesn't mean you cant indulge yourself in naughty things every now and again, after all we are only human! I like to take a "cheat day" once a week, usually when im not training. Helps keep me from staying in a fixed routine and keeps my body from getting used to the same things. Plus its a nice treat Smile

Hope this helps anyone who wants to get into shape and feel free to give your own ideas and tips!
Froob
|DH|Clan Members~
|DH|Clan Members~

View user profile froob26

Back to top Go down

Re: Importance of eating!

Post  Contre on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:38 pm

Pretty good Frooby, well said, all this will help you if you want to train in the future or if your training now!
Contre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  |DH|R4ndom. on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:32 am

do you have any more information about those shakes? I might want to try those
|DH|R4ndom.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  campuscodi on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:49 am

They're recommended for people with an active lifestyle.

If you're sitting on a chair 16-18 hours a day you'll get pretty fat in a hurry.

----
http://www.grid-iron.org/register/refid/1644
campuscodi
Donors & Honorary Members

View user profile http://catalincimpanu.ro campuscodi

Back to top Go down

Post  Contre on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:23 pm

Well Protein shakes is what I use just for a quick dash of protein i only use "whey" protein the brand MATRIX

This is great for a nice little rush of protein straight after a workout because obviously you dont want to be carrying your food around with you, i am pretty much sitting on my ass all day and look how ive turned out as long as your doing your 1-2 hours at the gym you will see a big transformation within your body,Very Happy
Contre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Froob on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:01 pm

by Contre on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:23 pm

Well Protein shakes is what I use just for a quick dash of protein i only use "whey" protein the brand MATRIX

This is great for a nice little rush of protein straight after a workout because obviously you dont want to be carrying your food around with you, i am pretty much sitting on my ass all day and look how ive turned out as long as your doing your 1-2 hours at the gym you will see a big transformation within your body,

+1
Froob
|DH|Clan Members~
|DH|Clan Members~

Back to top Go down

Post  Altair on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:34 am

Altair
|DH|Server Administrator~
|DH|Server Administrator~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fredster74 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:24 am

Dont forget mental fitness! Here is what I use to keep my brain in top condition.

Brainbooster

Kills all the bad and ineffective braincells!! Don't use too often or too much tho - then it starts killing healthy ones.
Fredster74
|DH|Clan Members~
|DH|Clan Members~

View user profile fredster74

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:58 pm

campuscodi wrote:

If you're sitting on a chair 16-18 hours a day you'll get pretty fat in a hurry.

It's true. There are people who prone to obesity and there are those who don't. Razz .I'm sitting in a day 7-8 hours . ( at school and at home ) but I go every night to run a couple of hours. but many times I am too tired and rather I lie down to sleep. I admit that I am a very lazy guy. Rolling Eyes
Peter
|DH|Clan Members~
|DH|Clan Members~

View user profile http://classic.xfire.com/profile/veszkokevin veszkokevin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fredster74 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:24 pm

MegaMan. wrote:
campuscodi wrote:

It's true. There are people who prone to obesity and there are those who don't. Razz .I'm sitting in a day 7-8 hours . ( at school and at home ) but I go every night to run a couple of hours. but many times I am too tired and rather I lie down to sleep. I admit that I am a very lazy guy. Rolling Eyes

U run 2 hours a day? Do u live in Kenya or what?
Fredster74
|DH|Clan Members~
|DH|Clan Members~

View user profile fredster74

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter on Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:02 pm

o.O Woot. I run 1 hour a day.
Peter
|DH|Clan Members~
|DH|Clan Members~

Back to top Go down

Post  campuscodi on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:10 pm

MegaMan. wrote:o.O Woot. I run jump 1 hour a day.
fixed

----
http://www.grid-iron.org/register/refid/1644
campuscodi

View user profile http://catalincimpanu.ro campuscodi

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:20 pm

campuscodi wrote:
MegaMan. wrote:o.O Woot. I run jump 1 hour a day.
fixed

LOL!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL Cry laughing Cry laughing Cry laughing Cry laughing L.O.L. L.O.L. L.O.L. L.O.L.
Peter
|DH|Clan Members~
|DH|Clan Members~

Back to top Go down

Post  Froob on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:36 pm

Deffinately got it spot on their codi! Smile
Froob
|DH|Clan Members~
|DH|Clan Members~

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Cement on Sun May 26, 2013 1:09 am

Some great advice their, that given bit of info people are paying like £70+

I would also add plenty of water to the diet and I mean water not soft drinks /squash and such.

water and sea salt not table salt

check out water cure on google

Silent Cement

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top